"…demonstrated a commitment not only to delivering day to day, but of consistently increasing the value he and his entire team offered to the organisation."
"…provides leadership as well as being reliable for getting things done, including making difficult things seem easy, and also understandable."
"Geoff is an exceptionally talented developer."
"His rapid solutions to technical problems and his calm project leadership under pressure were both excellent. Geoff is also a great communicator, and a pleasure to work with -- I recommend him highly."
"He is an extremely competent developer, and excelled at writing scaleable, maintainable code."
"Hard working and dedicated, Geoff is great at conceptualizing and executing new projects."
"He always worked hard to help me out with solutions to my design needs"
"With his calm, pragmatic approach to problem solving he has the rare ability to work across technical streams whilst engaging business stakeholders to ensure they understand even the most complex issues."
"Geoff has a proven ability to take on ill-defined problems and achieve concrete solutions."
"…he was always the man to go to for advice and help when we needed."
"He was also instrumental in leading and managing a group of highly skilled engineers in bringing to production key software technology."
"…Geoff made vast improvements to the platform and added to our overall strategic development."
"…performed excellently at handling most of the project management tasks for our team, and helping other members get up to speed on various technologies."
"Geoff is a big thinker and high producer who approaches technology creation with a user's eye. He is highly responsive and a great team player."
- Oversaw the maintenance and development of a complex loan management platform that handles tens of millions of dollars in loans.
- Successfully implemented TDD and BDD development flows.
- Lead a team building an iOS health and fitness app backed by a Ruby on Rails RESTful web service.
- Implemented an agile development process using scrum, Jira, BDD, and retrospectives.
- Developed and deliver the high-traffic multi-retailer e-commerce platform as a senior member of a large agile team.
- Contributions included: fraud detection, shopping cart/funnel optimization, order lifecycle, payment processing, facetted product search, product category management, retailer product APIs, SEO
- Achieved 80% reduction in the runtime of some test suites as a result of test refactoring, database optimizations, and system settings.
- Developed and delivered a content platform for real estate agents as a senior member of an agile team.
- Participated in the introduction of an agile process into the team, including Kanban, TDD, BDD, stand-ups, and retrospectives.
- Influenced technical and architectural designs for the platform.
- Delivered a scalable, fault-tolerant consumer website built using Ruby on Rails.
- Grew the site to over 100,000 registered users and 150,000 requests/day.
- Developed a mobile version of the product using HTML5 and CSS3.
- Optimized performance of the application through the use of caching, indexing, and minimizing http, and mysql calls.
- Responsible for all company budget and resourcing decisions.
- Achieved a 70% increase in revenue per user through a closely measured conversion optimization campaign.
- Reduced the cost of user acquisition by 80% through marketing, press, and SEO initiatives.
- Worked with clients of our enterprise security software to develop and implement roll-out plans.
- Responsible for liaising with clients and the development team to ensure the product roadmap addressed client needs.
- Managed the re-seller network for the distribution of our security product. This included training, co-branding, and co-ordinating sales and technical staff.
- Involved in all product planning decisions including the segmentation of our security product into solution focused categories.
- Oversaw the development of all marketing and training materials including the company website, white papers, case studies, and technical guides.
- Managed a team of 7 engineers in developing detailed power modelling software for FPGAs.
- Co-ordinated cross functional teams in Toronto, San Jose & Malaysia to ensure that hardware, software, and testing components worked together seamlessly.
- Responsible for the scheduling, milestones, and status tracking of long term (6-10 months) projects.
- Ran weekly status meetings to keep projects on track and communicated the status to senior management.
- Successfully delivered production software on schedule.
- Exceeded model accuracy goals by 33% in the first release.
- Initiated site wide code architecture reviews to promote knowledge sharing and encourage high quality code.
- Delivered 20% reduction of overall power usage of FPGAs 6 months ahead of schedule.
- Involved in the recruitment, mentoring, and career development of team members.
- Supported 3rd party application development for the Blackberry SDK.
- Developed a widely used ROI calculator/sales tool application for the Blackberry device.
- Provided technical support for sales to major customers including AOL and Merrill Lynch.
- Mobile Web
- Ruby on Rails
- Objective C
- Google Maps
- Google Data
- Google Analytics
- Git, Subversion
Masters of Applied Science
University Of Toronto: Sept 2002 – May 2004
Cumulative GPA: 4.0
Worked on masters part time while working full time. Put on hold for move to Australia.